Friday, July 13, 2007

Email regarding Duane Chapman

I received an interesting email early this morning from a reader that was asking why I am so "angry" with the "Dog"? "He is a good Christian and deserves your support".

Well, here is my reply:

I have no idea as to what Duane Chapman's relationship is with G-d, and to be honest it is really none of my business. What I do know is that Duane Chapman has been arrested for 16 felonies. If he had been arrested once, I very well could be convinced that it was a case of mistaken identity. If he had been arrested twice, you could probably convince me that he had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he had been arrested three times, you MIGHT be able to convince me that he was just hanging out with the wrong crowd......but people, he has been arrested more times than I have fingers and you cannot convince me that an overwhelming majority of them were lawful arrests.

Duane Chapman is a criminal, pure and simple. Do I believe that he can atone for those wrongs? Sure, I suppose he can; but let us consider that according to the FBI, for every arrest or conviction a criminal gets away with three other crimes. So if we do the math, and I give him a huge benefit of the doubt as to the FBI's statistics, he has committed over 24 felonies. He may be able to atone for those crimes with his G-d, but as far as I am concerned, he could not possibly repay society for them.

The only other issue I have is the states of Hawaii and Colorado allowing him to engage in bail bonding and bounty hunting. In my opinion he has not earned the right to perform that type of work with his criminal history.

So there it is again......for the last time; unless of course Duane is shipped off to Mexico in which case I will write another post wishing him well on his trip!

No comments: