Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Durbin Staff member screws up

One of the staffers of Senator Richard Durbin blew it big time with an email they sent to me recently.

Let me set the stage for you. I wrote Durbin's office expressing concern about Senate Bill 2913 Orphan Works Act of 2008. They responsed and here is the meat of their response:

Thank you for contacting me concerning SB 2913. I appreciate hearing from you.

This issue is under the jurisdiction of state and local government. As a federal official, I do not have an official role in this matter and do not have the opportunity to introduce or vote on bills before the Illinois General Assembly. However, I appreciate knowing your concerns.


Now, I have seen some staffers really make some dumb mistakes, but not being aware of pending legislation is absoolutely unforgivable.......I actually was laughing so hard I was crying. Whoever CW is, since that is the initials used in the response, needs to pay more attention to the legislation that is before the Senate and take their time in responding to constituent correspondence.

No comments: