Friday, November 28, 2008

Newsweek is anything but objective

I spent the better of the afternoon reading through the December 1 edition of Newsweek and I have not come across a magazine or newspaper that has shown its bias more so than I saw today.

Jonathan Alter and Dahlia Lithwick are two of the worst offenders. They are not reporters, they engage in partisan, anti-Bush, Republican bashing, diatribes that are not worthy of the National Enquirer.

I have no problem with reporters discussing their opinions, their views; however when they do they need to make it crystal clear that they are NOT REPORTING, but engaging in a personal dialogue. Crossing the line between news and editorializing is a sin for reporters, or was at one time; I suppose for these generational individuals, I am the old fuddy duddy who needs to shut up and go away.

Fat chance that is going to happen. I will continue to point out what I see as violations of the unwritten rule of editorializing in the name of news.

No comments: