Monday, July 24, 2006

Andrea Yates Murder Trial

It is a not so well kept secret that as I have quickly reached that age where everyone around me appears younger, where I can no longer run like a jack rabbit and where spare tires seem to follow me everywhere I go; I have come to the conclusion that the death penalty is applied capriciously and in cases where it is not warranted. These conclusions are simply based upon the evidence, and not any personal connection with the cases.

Case in point (which will probably piss off a ton of women in the world) - Scott Peterson. Here we have a case where there is no eyewitness testimony, no blood evidence, no forensic evidence that directly ties him to the murder, no confession, - ala a case that in my legal viewpoint did not even reach the pinnacles of CONVICTION let alone a death sentence.

Now, I am not a complete idiot (on most days that is), and I harbor no illusions about the type of man Scott Peterson has become. However, do we put a man to death after a conviction based upon innuendos, triped up commentary from a whore, and from a mother who wants someone to pay?

The bottom line is this case had nothing.

Now, let us move on to the Andrea Yates murder trial. Here we have a woman who killed not one, not two, nor three, or four of her kids, but murdered FIVE!!!!! of her own children and ADMITTED it. Was she crazy? I do not believe there is any doubt on that question. Is she bi-polar? After watching my ex-wife Betty Z, I have absolutely no doubt on that question either. The question is did she know it was wrong? Well, I might give her the benefit of the doubt if she had stopped with one, or even two; but, let us remember she killed FIVE kids and had planned this for days.

For this woman, I have no problem strapping her scrawny ass in a chair, setting the charge to a measly 200 volts and letting her fry. At 200 volts it would take about four hours to cook her good and if she caught fire, oh well, no loss for the world.

Better yet let us just stone her, that way she might experience just a shred of pain that she inflicted upon her children.

If this jury returns a "not guilty by reason of insanity" they should all be jailed for stupidity.

No comments: