Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Foie Gras

Up until recently I had no clue what this delicacy was; that is until several animal rights nutties started their march through Chicago to have it banned from the menus.

As of today, it is now illegal in Chicago for any establishment to serve Foie Gras.

I am all for protecting animals from mistreatment, animals such as dogs, cats (which I am not a real big fan of) hamsters, etc. When I say mistreatment I am talking about abusing them for abuse sake. I am an avid bird hunter and make no apologies for walking out into the field, loading up a nice big twelve gauge shotgun and after the dog(s) point it out, to take aim and send feathers flying in all directions. I eat what I shoot and I enjoy every single bite.

As for Foie Gras, I am not a fan of liver and it makes little difference on whether its chicken, beef, or some other bird; but in protest of this lunacy, I actually had it for lunch today and I will admit it T-A-S-T-E-D G-R-E-A-T!

I would like to thank all the animal rights nuts for pointing this dish out to me.....I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that was you in the corner !

How did it actually taste? I did not have the nerve to try it.

Anonymous said...

Come on, you have to be kidding when you say that you actually tried this, please tell me that you were just joking.

Anonymous said...

Just the thought of eating that junk makes my stomach turn upside down.

D.W. said...

Actually it was delicious, far better than I would have imagined.

Anonymous said...

You are a sick human being for eating this especially after knowing how the animals suffer.

I despise you!

Anonymous said...

Liver is enough to make a sane man vomit.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for the ducks and birds