Saturday, November 22, 2008

Agree with Marathon Pundit

I read the posts on other blogs all the time, sometimes for entertainment, sometimes because I happen to enjoy reading the the writers, other times it is because I am wondering what others are thinking, and there are times I do it because I happen to see something that catches my eye.

Tonight I was browsing through the blognetnews.com/illinois website and I came across the article by Marathon Pundit regarding Durbin possibly renominating U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald for another term. I agree with MP in that Durbin finally got one right.

When Fitzgerald was first confirmed as AG, I had my doubts about him, and in some cases have been hostile to his actions or decisions but his desire to bust corruption has been the best we have ever seen. Nobody comes close to his ability to weed out the bad politicians in Illinois.

Now, that said, I do have my doubts about Obama actually following through on it. Fitzgerald's investigations could very well lead to the new administration and Obama could easily prevent that from happening if he just allows Fitzgerald to go away quietly.

Regardless, Marathon Pundit deserves a hat tip for giving credit when credit is due, Durbin is right on this one.

No comments: