Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eric Holder to get AG Nod

Washington attorney and senior member of the Justice Department under the Clinton Administration is poised to be the next Attorney General of the United States. Although Mr. Holder will have to be confirmed by the full Senate, there does not appear to be a ground swell of opposition to his nomination.

I have always been a believer that when a President selects a candidate for a cabinet post the Senate has to only answer ONE question: "Are they qualified to serve?" Their political views should never be considered a part of that process, simply because cabinet posts are a POLITICAL appointment.

Mr. Holder would not make my top 20 list for Attorney General and I personally would have disqualified him over the Rich pardon, but hey, that is me. If Mr. Obama selects and submits his name, I will again say that unless he is somehow unqualified to serve, his nomination SHOULD BE CONFIRMED.

No comments: