Thursday, November 06, 2008

Introspection is a good thing

It allows us to closely look at the causes for our failures, it allows us to adjust and regroup, choosing new leaders that will help guide us back to our place.

There are so many areas that our party needs to concentrate on, reasons why we lost and it will not be accomplished in a day, week or months; but it has to happen or we will be right back here again two years from now, licking our wounds miffed at the world.

Politics is local, always has been and I venture to say it will always be that way and the Republican party ignored that this time. Who was the Sangamon County Chairman for the McCain campaign? Do you know? Because I damn sure do not. I did not have a single Republican candidate call me, or send me a card, or knock on my door. Where was the precinct captains in all this? They did not do their job. Period. Tony Libri, Sangamon County Republican Party Chairman, made a big splash when the party endorsed Rudy, and then guess what? Nothing, nada, dead silence from that moment on.

If we are to make a difference we need to return to the roots, our core values and work up from there, I am willing are you?

No comments: